Total Pageviews

Monday, July 12, 2021

The Stove Industry in 1892: Original "Working Paper," September 2006.

This is another of the old research notes that I wrote, principally for my own benefit, during the summer vacation of 2006, which I spent in gathering together lots of quantifiable information so that I could provide some scaffolding of facts in numerical form for the story of the stove industry that I was planning to put together.  My second research trip to the USA on stove-related business had been during the Easter vacation, so I knew that I could not look forward to another one until Spring or late Summer 2008, and decided to use my time at home to good effect, reading new stuff and making more sense of what I had already.

My attempts to import the text from the Google document in which it has been available via my old Stove History website have been defeated, so far, by Blogger's apparent inability to do so without completely screwing up the format.  So, for the moment, this post is just a placeholder and a collection of pointers:

The Stove Industry in 1892:
RED markers = 24% of firms in cities with 6-16 companies, total 68;
BLUE = another 24% in cities with 3-5 companies, total 69;
GREEN = 15% in cities with 2 companies, total 44;
and 105 YELLOW single-company towns, 37% of the total.

T.B.A.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated to prevent spamming, phishing, and advertising. If you wish to do any of these things, please don't waste your time and mine.